Friday, March 16, 2012

What there are no obstacles?


I have been writing about why obstacles are your friend.  That is all very well but have you ever noticed that when you do eventually reach your goal, it can all seem a little surreal?  It almost seems too good to be true and that there must be something you are missing?  Left feeling a little uneasy?

That has happened to me today, I have achieved something that I have been striving for over the past six months and now I have done it, it all seems a little too easy.  I can’t quite believe it.

Maybe I am addicted to the obstacles?  Relying on them as sign of progress is a great strategy but when you get to your goal, there are no more obstacles and that is the same feeling as you get if you are not moving forwards so how can you tell the difference?

Well if your goal was something you truly love then you should find it reasonably easy to know that you have reached it.  You should be very happy.  But what if you are not?  Does it mean you have not actually reached it?  Or maybe you have but you don’t like it?

So a few questions today to which I don’t have the answers to hand.  You might like to think about it yourself too.

I thought I would write this down and sleep on it (my standard technique when I am stuck).  I will then be able to resume this train of thought tomorrow with whole new pearls of wisdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment